Goal: A "state of the art" presentation directed at the practicing general internist;
however, all groups of attendees (e.g., medical students, residents, generalists, sub-specialists)
should acquire some knowledge or perspective from the presentation.
PRESENTERS MUST DECLARE ANY CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AT BEGINNING OF PRESENTATION
- If possible, begin with a relevant clinical case presentation.
- Presenter should delineate objectives to be covered.
- Format to be any of
- clinical pathological conference
- clinical review
- controversies in medicine -- pro and con debate.
- clinical science round -- research appropriate for audience.
- guest -- non internist presenting their discipline relevant to
- Round is well organized and paced with at least 15 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Round concludes with a summation including up to 3 take home messages.